Let us help you qualify as a proficient Debt Recovery professional and get a head start on your career.
The course includes the theory and rules of Debt Collecting as well as the drafting of all relevant documentation. The core modules covered are:
- Introduction to Debt Collecting
- The Parties
- Letters of Demand
- Summons & Causes of Action
- Default Judgments
- Execution of the Judgment
- Emolument Attachments
- Section 65 Proceedings
- Costs and Accounting to the Client
- Defended Actions
- Debt Collecting Act and Collectors Council
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Students looking for a career in Debt Recovery or Credit Management.
- Employees in Debt Collecting companies or self-employed Debt Collectors.
- Anyone working in a bank, credit/finance house or in a debtors/credit control enterprise.
Part-time: Five months
Procedure towards competency
Classes are lecture based with an examination at the end of the course.
For successful completion of the course:
- A pass mark of 50% or more is required.
- All fees must be paid up.
Grade 12 (matric) OR 23 years of age with 2–3 years work experience.
For more information and assistance with fees & application forms please contact the Student Enrolment Officer at the campus you wish to study at. The course is offered at the following campuses: Cape Town, Johannesburg, Durban, Pretoria.