Conveyancing Practice and Finances
The course consists of 3 modules offered full-time (3 months) or part-time (6 months).
Compulsory modules include:
- An overview of Conveyancing Theory and Legislation.
- Basic instruction in Ghostconvey for transfers and bonds.
- Instruction in Conveyancing Finances.
The course combines essential theoretical learning and practical training. Students learn to draft basic Conveyancing documents for property transfers and bonds using Ghostconvey.
A certification in Conveyancing Practice offers exciting prospects for careers in law firms, banks, property development or property management companies and estate agencies.
Our reputation for excellence provides an advantage for career placement and employers frequently contact us when looking to employ legal staff. We also assist our graduates with career placement by drawing up effective CV’s and distributing these to law firms and employers.
In addition, familiarity with Conveyancing Practice and Finances is an advantage for anyone seeking to further their paralegal skills to include Administration of Deceased Estates.
- Full-time (3 months): Mon to Thurs (09:00 – 11:30)
- Part-time (6 months): Sat mornings (09:00 – 11:30)
Procedure towards competency
- Classes are lecture based combined with a certain amount of practical training.
- Students will write ongoing assessments during the course of each module and an examination for each module at the end of the course.
- For successful completion of the course:
- A pass mark of 50% or more in EACH module is required.
- All fees must be paid up.
Since a certain amount of mature comprehension is required it is recommended that prospective students:
- Have completed Grade 12 (matric) OR be at least 23 years of age OR have at least 2–3 years work experience.
- Be familiar with computers and Microsoft W
- Ability to touch-type is an advantage.
Please feel free to discuss any concerns you may have.
Applicants will be notified of an aptitude test once the nominal application fee has been received.
For more information and assistance with fees & application forms please contact the Student Enrolment Officer at the campus you wish to study at. The course is offered at the following campuses: Cape Town, Johannesburg.
Let us help you qualify as a Conveyancing Secretary or Paralegal and get a head start on you professional career.